Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 92 - Perth, Western Australia - May 22, 2017 - Good times



Family! it was awesome to see you on Mother's day, especially you mum. Because of you I have a bit of good in me today! To me, you exemplify more than anyone else I know, the pure love of Christ. I thank Heavenly Father for sending me to be taught by you:)

Well, i don't have a lot of time today....A got baptized! God performed so many miracles to get him to this point. His hand was made manifest. In the days leading up to the baptism when A was really struggling with wanting smokes, he came down with a random sickness for 3 days which just left him in bed. But by Saturday he was feeling 100%! So many little miracles...A shared his testimony with everyone at the end of the service and it was powerful. He really is very converted....He shared with everyone how he has been looking for the truth his whole life, and how all he was getting was churches that taught doctrines of ease and justification of sin...one of the reasons why he knows the church is true is because we truly invite people to change. The spirit was powerful I am super proud of him. He has put a lot of effort into preparing himself. 

My new comp is from New Zealand....Elder Tahere. He is the man! We have served around each other heaps and we've always got along really well...Back home he was in the army. He's 23 years old...i'm excited to learn a lot from him. 

We are busy as heck....Crazy, we saw some miracles this last week...we were following up with some lost sheep and found a solid part-member family to work with :) cool as! 

Really, it all comes down to whether or not Joseph Smith was a true Prophet right? Some people demand evidence that is indisputable...Has such a thing ever existed in the workings of our Father in Heaven with his Children? Have miracles ever been seen before the trials of our faith? If you believe in God you must believe in the principle of Faith, and Faith based Growth for us as His Children. There is more than enough evidence of the reality of the Prophet Joseph Smith's divine calling as Prophet, Seer, and Revelator...And if you are sincerely seeking truth there is some evidence that is border line with becoming indisputable and that's only intellectually considering things....All this because our Father loves us and wants us to return home and become like Him. I absolutely know for myself that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and such a knowledge can only come through the witness of the Holy Ghost. My mind is made up. It no longer matters what comes forth from the lies and deceit of the adversary for the next 100 years...In the words of Joseph "Who am I that I can withstand God" I feel the same, God has spoken to me and I have made the unalterable decision to listen and obey...I Invite everyone else who may not have quite made up their mind on this important matter to do so. Such an answer will only come as we seek with real intent, learning, pondering, and asking in urgency and sincerity. I testify that if we ask in Faith God will respond...Of such has been my experience time and time again. 

I love you all! have an amazing week!

Elder Cordner




No comments:

Post a Comment