Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 29 - Gosnells, Southern River Zone, Western Australia - February 29, 2016 - GOAT AND INTESTINE

HEY FAMILY I LOVED HEARING FROM EACH OF YOU! I love you guys each so much! Soooo you know E The African kid we teach? Well we have been teaching his whole family and his mother E, has made us several African meals and we have sat on the floor with them and eaten some nice goat:) some pig intestine:) and some fish...It's all been pretty good actually! I love their family so much! We just need to get E permission to be baptized from his Elders of the tribe back in Barundi....Keep praying for him and his family:) 




One of the highlights of this week was a leadership meeting with President Fife at the mission home. He is such a dedicated and inspired man. He goes one million miles a minute and he NEVER slows down! haha! I love him.  The meeting was really good. We talked a lot about the cultures in our Zones and how we set the culture as zone leaders. Elder Brinkerhoff and I have 36 missionaries in ours and we are getting them absolutely pumped to work harder than ever! Also at the training we learned better how to help people keep commitments. We have been putting it into play and it works really good! I am excited to continue to work hard and put my trust in God:)
Elder B and I talk to every single person we see!!! We try to at least! It is all about showing the Lord you are willing to give everything and talk to everyone! I know it is all on Him. We can't do anything on our own. He allows us to assist in this great work...He obviously does not need us:)

This week I was on exchanges with a little Elder from Thailand who doesn't speak English really at all, but we said a prayer for people to be put in our path so that we could share the message of the restoration. We had not biked more than 30 seconds when just down the hill under the bridge we were crossing I spotted a group of like 30 people having a picnic. I just rode past but the thought that came to my head was..."are you serious? You just prayed for people to be put in your path and you are going to pass that up"? It was funny because I also actually thought about Trevor and I at Disneyland doing all that weird stuff in front of people and I thought ok if I could do that I can talk to this huge group, so I turned around and cruised down the hill, summoned the attention of all within the sound of my voice and bore my witness of the restoration. haha! I talked to a few people after and handed out a few pass along cards. Although nothing came of it immediately, I knew Heavenly Father was proud of me and I knew he would not forget what I did. I love you all and would encourage you to read Alma 5...one of my favorites. 
I cant believe Kenzie is almost done...crazy I love her so much:)
Have a good week!
Love, Elder Cordner

A push-up competition I'm sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment