Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 61 - Lockridge, Dianella Zone, Western Australia - October 13, 2016 - God Still Speaks

HEY! I am not gonna lie. I have very limited time today due to some unexpected events but I will try to share a few things:) 

MAN it was good to hear from Ryan about his first week in the field. He is gonna be soooo solid! He already is! I loved General Conference of course. I tried to only write down the things that I thought the Spirit was telling me this conference and I really liked it. It gave me more time to actually really listen and to be in constant prayer with Heavenly Father. Although I did have talks that I liked the most the things that stuck with me the most were the personal messages that God gave me as i listened to The Prophet and the Quorum of the Twelve. One of the things that I really loved was the powerful message that God's work is not yet finished. He still speaks today. The Restoration is an ongoing process. I know that is true! One of the missionaries in the mission used to be a Jehovah's Witness a few years ago but he converted to the church and came out on a mission. I was on exchanges with him yesterday and it was super cool to talk to him about all his personal experiences and how he came to know the church was true...Some of these missionaries I get to serve with have THE COOLEST conversion stories. A lot of them come from families where no one is a member of the church...It strengthens my faith serving with them and it's a blessing for me to witness their examples!

We found a really cool couple tracting....most random thing of my mission...one of them is a less active member from Mexico City haha! She is the 2nd Mexican I have ever met in Australia and she is a member...They came to conference and loved it! Her husband is a true blue Aussie. We are working with him. I will write you guys again in a few days! love you so much!

ELDER CORDNER


This is D. He was doing soooo good then he slipped back into the drugs
and we lost contact. Hopefully we can see him again

Elder Zinck and I heading down to the city...He used to be a Jehovah's witness....He is such a wildabeast. 
He does hip hop dancing professionally haha...He has gone to Vegas like 3 times and won competitions. 
Such a Stud!

Elder Sokovakayawa from Fiji. He had a 30,000$ contract per game to play 
rugby professionally for France but he turned it down to serve the Lord.
Such a cool guy. 
His brother plays pro Rugby for Australia

We taught a pro rugby player named Sham and he gave us a tour of the 
Western Force Training Facility... It was pretty legit! My heart was Yearning to slam 
some biscuits on an Iron bar and start Feeding my writhled 
(cross between withered and shriveled??) mission body haha....









No comments:

Post a Comment