Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 60 - Lockridge, Dianella Zone, Western Australia - October 3, 2016 - 17 Miracles

Man, I was bummed to hear Ryan didn't get to go straight to the Philippines! (Elder Cordner's cousin was diagnosed with Cubital Tunnel Syndrome right before he was to leave for the Philippines.  Now he will most likely be in a local mission going through some rehab until he can be relieved of the numbness and pain.) It hit me reading his experience of everyone leaving and him staying behind....He has such a good attitude. He will for sure be in my prayers. Sounds like General Conference was another spiritual bomb like it always is. I am so anxious to watch it now that you guys have bragged about all your experiences! 

Since i don't have much time I will just jump right into it! Idk if we saw exactly 17 big miracles this week but it sure was somewhere around there! It was crazy! One of the best weeks we have had in ages! Elder Jackson and I have been making some serious sacrifices to qualify ourselves for the blessings that God wants to give us right now and we have been seeing them for sure...

This week we found 13 new investigators....the most on my mission in one week! A lot of them came from a large family of refugees from South Sudan that my mini missionary and I taught (We have some mini missionaries with us at the moment). 8 family members agreed to be baptized if they came to know the Book of Mormon was true....The only reason why we couldn't actually set them all on a date which I tried to do several times was because the oldest of the brothers had a few objections...small ones that we can work through but I will keep you guys posted on what happens with these guys. It was a cool experience to teach this huge family all with Books of Mormon in their hands following along as we read. The spirit was powerful. Later that day we tracted into an old Aussie bloke that was so prepared by the Lord. At first he was hesitant and a bit prideful but at the end of the lesson for the first time in his life he was on his knees in his living room praying to his Father in Heaven, That was a cool experience! I love taking Atheists and helping them to develop even a little desire to know if God is there. I am running out of time but we ended up setting 3 baptism dates this week - one of them is another guy from Sudan named D. He is super solid and the way that he showed up to church yesterday was such a miracle...He slept at a bus station all night and just randomly walked and walked until he stumbled across the church and remembered he had met missionaries before. He is super prepared to be baptized just gotta get him off the weed. 

It is so clear that this is God's work. It is all in his hands. We are the ones that are so blessed to be a part of it. I can't wait to hear the words of the apostles and our Prophet...It means something even more to me, now that I spend my day to day efforts declaring their names and defending their characters. I know for myself that they are Servants of God. They are essential tools in his hands to bring about his Great and Eternal purposes. 

I want you guys to know that if I did not know this Church was true I would have come home already. I would have utterly called in the dogs and quit. The only thing that makes a mission worth it is that everything we share is absolute truth...I know it! This is the message the world needs and because I know what I know, I am under obligation to share it. I honestly feel just like Joseph Smith when he said that he knew by denying his vision he would offend God...I have felt too much, I have been saved too many times to ever deny this work. God lives. His Son lives and directs this Church. God speaks today through his ordained servants.The Gospel of Jesus Christ allows us to access the power of the Atonement, to become who we were created to become. I know it is all true! Love you guys have a good week:)

Elder Cordner

No comments:

Post a Comment