Thursday, June 22, 2017

Week 96 - Perth, Western Australia - June 22, 2017 - All Glory to The Father

HELLO FAMILY! I don't think I can share anything more exciting than all the things I am hearing about back home! I can't wait to hear a little about the MTC experience this next week. I imagine it will be a few days packed with the Power of the Spirit and hearing the testimonies of General Authorities and Apostles? And what an amazing experience - the whole family gets to go into Elder Christofferson's office and witness Dad getting set apart...What a blessing!

This week has been packed with miracles! Do you remember the part member family from New Zealand we have been teaching?? Well A the 18 year old girl is getting baptized Saturday...She is so solid and ready. Her family has been a really good support and they are all back active in the church and working back towards the Temple as a result....And to think all of this has happened because 2 months ago we chose to follow the very still small voice of the spirit to visit this particular family on the ward list that we had never heard of before....This is God's work. 

And 2 weeks later on the 8th of July we have 2 more baptisms....One of them is named P from Malaysia. He has been praying in front of the LDS temple here in Perth every morning for 10 years....Well he has recently hit a rough patch in life and was searching for God....An old Samoan man in our ward followed the Spirit and offered to help this man....This has led to us having lessons with him and P coming to church this last week...The spirit can change peoples thoughts, opinions, and Hearts in the blink of an eye....P felt the Spirit at church and is now keen city!! 

And of course, M is still doing well. She loved church and is looking forward to her baptism! 

We are seeing the blessings of God in the work....I know that this is the work of God and not of man....In the process of saving His children, God is also building us! I love the mission! I love Australia!!! 

My prayers will be with you this week mum and dad...But I guess I'll get to email you guys on Monday before you ship out! 

Love you all!

PS. Pray for me! A asked me to baptize her and her full name is literally the longest, hardest thing in the world to pronounce...It takes like 15 seconds to say it even if you know all the proper pronunciation lol! and it's a huge thing in their culture to say all the names properly because each name represents something or someone really important! haha! So hopefully I can get it down and not bring dishonor to her ancestors! 

ELDER CORDNER

No comments:

Post a Comment