Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 100 - Perth, Western Australia - July 24, 2017 - Utter Miracles

This week was SICKKKK! as in super cool! We did a lot of contacting in the city this week and it paid off...We had a 29 year old girl just walk up to church yesterday...We were quite surprised because she came in a super nice car and she looked like she was quite wealthy ha! I have never seen such a thing on my mission! She just walked up to us and said "Ya i was just looking at the card you gave me with this address and I just decided I would come". haha I'll be honest I was so baffled I didn't really know what to say but we quickly got her some fellowship and she went in and sat down...Such a miracle...She is going with some YSA girls to some event in the city and we are meeting with her to teach! 

J, the University student, is on date to be baptized....I can't even begin to explain to you over email the change that has occurred in this man's heart....When we first met him there could not be a more cynical, Logical, Scientifiically minded person on the planet! He thought Religion was utter Baffunity! Kid you not....He was no where near interested....And now....He is a CONVERTED MAN! When the spirit testifies to people in very personal ways it can be utterly undeniable... Witnessing this change occur so quickly in him has been so incredible...I will never doubt again that God can change ANY heart.

Well I got summoned to the pulpit yesterday to Give a little bit of a farewell talk/testimony...The spirit was so powerful as I looked out on these people I have grown to absolutely love....I just expressed my love for them and who they are...I shared some things that I have learned from The people in WA and how much it has impacted my life...And of course being a missionary I took the opportunity to Teach our investigators over the pulpit...and leave my testimony of this restored Gospel and of the Savior Jesus Christ. It hasn't sunk in at all that this is all quickly coming to a close. It still feels like I have ages to go out here....I'm just gonna really enjoy these last few weeks and try to help each person I meet and talk to- to feel the Love of Christ through me.

We are also teaching this man named V..IDK if I've told you about him...Anyways his story is too long to share over email but he wants to be baptized in Utah soon...Ask me about him when I see you guys in person haha!

I have never seen so many Miracles on my mission....I know it hasn't been because of something I have done...or somehow earned...But God in his infinite wisdom, Love, and compassion has allowed me to play a small part in helping a few of his children to feel of His great love.

I absolutely know that this work is true as true can be. Everything else in my life is sporadic and inconsistent...Nothing but the Gospel can bring Lasting peace, confidence, and fulfillment. I testify of the Power of the Holy Ghost, each on of us can Grow in the companionship of the Holy Ghost until we can live in its Fullness. We are so blessed to have these truths! Just begin to think of what is expected of us! My overarching purpose of my life is to declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to stand as a witness of Him at all times, in all things, and in all places until death.This isn't blind following, This is a higher level of understanding...If each one of us could see at this moment what God wants to eventually give us....and then to think that at times we prefer the things of the world, sin, and appeasing our natural man in the short term over what He is pleading for us to accept. Lets set our eyes a little higher, Let us choose the Harder right instead of the easier wrong...For  it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 

Always remember-
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a childsubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

When we are not choosing to actively draw nearer to the Savior we are unconsciously choosing to walk away from Him. 

I am so weak. The mission will bring right to the surface all of your weaknesses...But I choose daily to repent, to put off the natural man and little by little to become more like Christ through the power only He possesses. The Lord is the constant in my Life! I love Him. 

Elder Cordner 

No comments:

Post a Comment