Monday, July 17, 2017

Week 99 - Perth, Western Australia - July 17, 2017 - My Family!

I love reading all about what's going on over in your new home! I'm sorry my letters aren't as exciting! 

M got baptized this week! It was really good - pretty good member support. It was a good service! We invited one of the members from Zimbabwe to speak on the Holy Ghost and it was powerful...He talked about a tragic car accident in his family that killed several of his siblings, but that He Knew he felt the comfort and strength given by the Holy Ghost...It was powerful. 

Several of the converts I have had on my mission have come from just the most difficult circumstances...M has Lost several children due to the Civil war in Sudan...She has had countless tragedies in her life. Things that could easily justify just giving up and forsaking her Faith...It's very inspiring and humbling to witness the pure Faith of these people!

It's been cool teaching this University student that the members have invited us to teach...When we first met with him he was soooo cynical and against Religion...Pretty much the only reason he met with us is because of the respect and love he had for these members....The spirit has utterly softened his heart...While we have been teaching him the spirit has spoken things through me that I didn't even know...He is now very seriously considering being baptized....When the Holy Ghost prompts us to reach out to someone we should never judge them based off our limited knowledge of them...We are not the ones who decide whether or not they are ready...God knows their hearts...And he can work with them more powerfully when we choose to exercise our Faith in their behalf....

I am so grateful for all the unearned and undeserved blessings of my life...As we finished our last zone conference trainings this week and I gave my final testimony i was just overcome with Gratitude...I have so much Love for President and Sister Fife...They have left an engraving in my heart of what a true Disciple of Christ should be...I love them HEAPS! 

President Fife has Raised my expectations for myself and my life...I now understand what God really does expect of us, and That we are here on earth to become like our Father in Heaven...There are  millions and millions of 1 day or one week or one month disciples of Christ around the world...The Greatness of Discipleship is consistency... It also happens to be the only way we can be molded and shaped into who God needs us to become in our lifetime...

Read the previous verses to put it into context:)
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

Remember the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a check list, Tick the box experience...The ordinances of the Gospel mean nothing if we are not actively engaged in changing, growing, and becoming...We are here to develop within ourselves the attributes of Christ...Remember Serving others and getting outside ourselves is not something to be begrudgingly endured while in this life till we can at once reside in peace in the celestial Kingdom....Service is the very Work and Glory of God it is the essence and fullness of the Life and Existence He lives...If we are to return to His presence and become like Him then we must Through the Power of The Living Christ change our very Natures till we have become LIKE HIM....that is the purpose of life...and isn't it great to know we don't have to do it alone, because we can't. 

I testify Life has a purpose. God speaks to me every day through the Holy Ghost, He is in the details of our life. What the world around us says or chooses to believe does not change the Truth of God. I am no where near perfect but I do know who I look to for my support, my strength, and my Light. I am nothing without Him, I wouldn't be here without him, I love HIM! 

Have an awesome week!

Elder Cordner 
M's baptism and her son attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment