Sunday, January 10, 2016

Week 22 - Gosnells, Southern River Zone, Western Australia - January 11, 2016

Talofa Aige ua mai oe!??  It has been a good but very different week. I haven't been with Elder Brinkerhoff much. We have been doing some exchanges with some other missionaries in the Zone. My temporary comp is from Samoa and has been teaching me some. Haha. 

Friday was Zone Conference and it was sooo good. President Fife is a spiritual Beast! Elder Brinkerhoff and I gave our training and it went really well. Our zone loved it especially a cool little game we made up to open with! Our training was on sacrifice and going above and beyond the minimum. Which we felt was appropriate because we have been seeing really cool miracles that come from our efforts and going the extra mile!

Another Elder and I were tracting and we walked up to this lady in her yard and started having a nice conversation with her. As we were talking to her, I reached up and started playing with this little leaf thing hanging down from her tree.  I then casually just plucked it off the tree as I was talking to her. The second I plucked it off I saw a furious anger fester up in her eyes and then she looked like she was going to cry. I was like, "I am so sorry! I don't think your tree will die I think it will be ok" She then said she had been saving that 1 seed hanging from that tree for 8 months waiting for it to ripen.... She said she was going to give it to a friend. I was like I am sure there are more of these seed things somewhere on this tree and I frantically tried to locate one....but she was right it was the only seed haha. It was so awkward! I have never seen an old woman so infuriated. We just awkwardly said goodbye and then laughed about it for the rest of the day.

Anyways, I am about to head to Fremantle to enjoy a P-day on the coast. I love being a missionary!

Elder Cordner


Tofa Soifua! Olofa Te tele mo outou<3









No comments:

Post a Comment