Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 21 - Gosnells, Southern River Zone, Western Australia - January 4, 2016 - GOSNELLS!

Hello fam:) THANKS to those who wrote me -  always makes my day! Well, this week has been super crazy with transfers and with new duties and what not, but my new comp is Elder Brinkerhoff and he is from Evanston, Wyoming. He is a really good missionary and we get along soooo well we are already just laughing all day and having an awesome time. So my new area is Gosnells Southern River.  We also cover a few other suburbs. It's pretty awesome. Our zone is huge! It extends from Perth city and beyond all along the coast. I haven't been everywhere yet, but we have a GIANT map hanging in our flat with our whole zone on it soooo its pretty massive.

Elder Brinkerhoff and the massive map!


Going from Kalgoorlie to the city is sooooo strange. Haha! It's such a different type of missionary work but I am loving it so far. Elder Brinkerhoff and I are already seeing miracles as we have decided to sacrifice every spare moment of our days serving the Lord. We don't come into the flat until we absolutely have to.  We just go baboon all day till 9:30. We had a cool experience the other day. It was 9 at night and we were near the flat and considering turning in for the night, but we wanted to push on and see what would happen, so we just rode over to an older former investigator and had a nice talk to him. We were also able to share a message with a less active family.  We ran into one of our potential investigators randomly on the side of the road at night and we set up an appointment with him and we met a Brazilian couple taking their daughter on a walk and set an appointment to go and teach them the Restoration. BTW.. they are from Santos (near Sao Paulo)....pretty cool how the Lord blessed us when we decided to go above and beyond the minimal effort! So far I love it here! I have a lot to learn being a new Zone leader and we have a lot of meetings and Zone conference, coming up on Friday, I am a little nervous for but I will be fine as I rely on the Lord and not in the arm of FLESH.

I have full trust in my Father in Heaven.  He is constantly pushing me to grow.  He refuses to let me be idle. I know it is because he loves me:) It is crazy how on the mission I am so close to the Spirit. I can just be sitting anywhere doing anything and the Spirit will just be talking to me telling me things I should do differently or telling me things I am doing well. 

One of my favourite chapters of the Book of Mormon is 3 Nephi 17. As I have been reading this, it has entered my heart deeply and taught me of who Jesus Christ really is and how I can become like Him. I love all of you! Have a very warm week by the fire:)  and yes mom it is a little cooler here in Perth but a lot more humid. I will have to get used to that and our A/C in our flat does not work so we are currently suffering but all goods:)

S/O to Sister Cordner love you:)


Elder Cordner

A good-bye party in Kalgoorlie night before I left.
A sad good-bye to my main man A. H.  I love him.
Saw Elder Ellsworth in the mission office during transfers. 


Ate with some Filipino friends.  Good food!!










No comments:

Post a Comment