Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 38 - Gosnells, Southern River Zone, Western Australia - May 2, 2016 - Fish

Hey guys:) I don't have a lot to say because I just emailed a few days ago...but a few things happened since. We set a single Aussie mom on date. Her name is K.  We will be working closely with her! She just needs to see that there is hope to change and that her life can be so much better!!!

I went on exchanges with Elder Outohoma from The Kingdom of Tonga this past week he was hilarious...funniest day of my life! He can hardly speak English but he is soooo fearless. He just says whatever he wants at peoples' doors. I was laughing my head off. Well, we got to this one house and some Filipinos were having a barby in their yard and they invited us in. Turns out they were cooking up some fish heads so we ate dinner with them and taught them some, but they were a little drunk so we will go back when they get back from the mines, but Elder Outohoma just dug right in and started downing the giant eyes on the fish. haha! Then they all told me to so I tanked a few as well. They were pretty gross- just tasted like blood. 

A lot of people here hate America so its pretty funny sometimes the stuff they have to say about us when they hear my accent. The news here is rubbish. They feed so many lies about America to the people here, it's annoying. I can't tell you how many times I get asked a day if I have gotten shot at or if I have guns at home or if I agree with our gun laws. It gets annoying.
ANYWAYS! I love you all and I will see you on Mothers Day:) I am so excited and I love you all so much!

I Testify the church is true.
ELDER CORDNER



The fish we ate.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture first thing I noticed was all the beer and then the great big fish heads. It's fun to read your letters

    ReplyDelete