Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 42 - Gosnells, Southern River Zone, Western Australia - May 30, 2016 - Makin Progress

SO many cool things going on back home! First off Shout out to my man Ryan (Mitch's cousin) for his mission call to the Philippines...that is sooooo Cool! I can't believe Davis (Mitch's other cousin, older brother to Ryan) is home I wish I could give him a big ole bear hug but that can wait another year haha. Sounds like a lot of fun stuff:)

This week was awesome! Elder Matautia and I are really excited about what's happening in our area! We are teaching a Chinese family of 5 that are progressing really good and we are going over there tomorrow with a Chinese member of our ward for dinner so the plan is to set the whole family on Date...keep M and J in your prayers. It was really cool this past week we went and taught a lesson and at the end we invited M to say a kneeling prayer with his family and so we all knelt down and he offered a sincere prayer - something he has rarely done if ever in his life. Afterwards the spirit was felt by the whole family and they just started to cry and they had no clue why. The wife just told us that she knows that we have something that her family needs. It was LEGIT!

K, a single mom is currently on baptisim date but at the moment we are working more with her 15 year old son J because K has to go to court soon with her other son and she is pretty stressed....but we had J come to a poly family's house last night for games and dinner with several other investigators. It was awesome.

Also we went on Splits with President Fife on Friday so we had to schedule a nectorizing day haha...We went and saw M and her family ( the one who made me cupcakes on my birthday) and we had  a really good lesson with her. President Fife is an unbelievable teacher. I learned sooo much.  Thanks for everyone who wrote me and sent me pics I love you guys!

Oh, also I went on exchange with one of my best mates on the mission Elder Lotter from South Africa. He is AP these days so we went into the DEPTHS of Perth city and contacted for like 4 hours. it was cool! I definitely had to jump out of my comfort zone but there was like this bridge where HEAPS of people were walking both ways and at first I was kinda just off to the side handing out cards and trying to talk to people but after a few minutes I just built up courage and I stood in the middle of everyone and just went wild for hours talking to everyone who came by and handing out cards and pamphlets. Of course some people utterly hated it and me and Christians in general...haha but I made some good contacts got some people to come to their English class so that was good. Whenever I am really out of my comfort zone I can literally feel the strength given to me by the Savior. I know he lives!

I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is the only Begotten of the Father. He is the way, the truth, and the only light this world has. I know for myself independent of anyone else that Jesus Christ Lives. Through him we can have peace, happiness, confidence, and hope in this life, also Eternal life and never ending happiness in a promised world to come. We have a Father in Heaven and his plan is perfect. What Greater message is there!?

I love you all! Have a good week:)

Elder Cordner

No comments:

Post a Comment