Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Week 74 - Lockridge, Dianella Zone, Western Australia - January 9, 2017 - Sainu

Hey guys:) This week was awesome! I told you over Skype we were teaching a single mom with 8 kids right??? Well, she struggles financially and she was out of food so we notified the ward and everyone helped out big time....she was blown away with the generosity of the members and she came to church yesterday with 3 of her kids and she loved it! I asked her how it compared to other churches she has been to and she said that it just felt right....she said there was a very different feeling....Surprise surprise:) but that was the miracle of the week so we are helping her and her kids to set a date to work towards...we just gotta help her get off the tobacco...

Transfers is coming up this next Sunday so we will see what happens... I don't think I am going anywhere but you never know! It's pretty fun being in a trio but it can also be a bit of a headache....haha Kenzie would know what I mean...So not saying I am hoping for anything but we will just wait and see what happens:) 

I told Mom already but Elder Renlund is coming to Perth end of Feb so everyone is pumped about that...apparently it's super rare. They usually just hit the east coast and deny the citizens of the most remote capital city in the world! but I am pumped to see him. He should do some sort of  a mission conf. 

Lately I have been loving this scripture. It has been running constantly through my mind.

Matthew 5:44

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
What manner of men are we if we can only love as we are loved? If we only pray for those who treat us with the utmost kindness and courtesy? If we only serve those who deserve to be served? I am not claiming that I serve in the hardest mission in the world but this scripture is definitely applicable on this continent. I love the Spirit and strength I receive from the Holy Ghost when I make the decision to be Christlike and follow the example of the Savior especially in the hardest situations to do so. I know the Savior lives. I hate to imagine my life without this knowledge. I love living my life differently from the world and I thank Heavenly Father that I was blessed with a family who taught me the truth and the purpose of life.  
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Come to know Christ and you are fulfilling your purpose. It is as simple as that. Once one comes to know the Master, he or she will never be the same. This is the reason missionary work is the best two years.
39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Missionary work brings the most happiness because we are engaged in the very work that God engages Himself in to fulfill His purpose and we are becoming like Him little by little day by day. 
I love you guys:) Have an awesome week and remember to feed your spirits!
Elder Cordner

No comments:

Post a Comment