Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 77 - Rockingham, Rockingham Zone, Western Australia - January 30, 2017 - Straila Day

HEY Guys, good to hear some things going on back home:) Dad sent some pics of the snow. Haha I don't really miss that to be honest....I am sure louie was awaken from bed at 4 am to mule the driveways haha....It was a flippin hot one down here. On Australia day we went to The Four Shore with the members because there was a ward activity and it was blazing! Everyone was jumping into the ocean and going for a swim and we were just sweating our butts off dressed like we were headed to some wedding. Haha! But all good. That is part of the mission experience!

Australia day was pretty awesome. Everyone was drunk and there were some pretty big parties going on. My companion almost got shot with a spud gun. It smashed into the car behind us. Haha...crazy drunk Auzzies...Last night we went to a member's house for dinner and they put on a big Island feed (dinner with the Polys)...just so you know the rules here, I will inform you of the island ways...

When the missionaries dish up everyone will watch and if they are un satisfied with how much food you have put on your plate they will voice themselves and you have to dollop more on...Seconds are absolutely mandatory no questions asked and they will all watch to make sure you get Real seconds not just a little....3rds are optional but they will try to persuade you for 10 minutes to go for thirds....Dessert is served by them and they MOUND it up... No questions asked. You have to mule down the whole desert... also when you leave all of the leftovers are given to you and they also take you into the pantry closet and fridge and load you up with anything else you can carry.....you don't even try to deny because there is no point....

haha thought I would just let you know how it goes just so you know what I mean when I say we had a mean "island feed." They also made us sing at the end with full stomachs and my comp almost puked. haha good times....

We found quite a few new gators this week, Saturday we didn't have anyone to bring to church so we were praying to find someone to bring. That day we found 3 new investigators which was awesome! None of them came to church but God put them in a position to use their agency!

We haven't seen the new missionary broadcast but we are super excited. We will be watching it tomorrow with our zone for zone meeting....

I read Ryan's letter. I thought that was awesome. He is such a good missionary... I too feel so darn blessed to be out here...What more could I ask for!? I love representing the Savior. I love Him and I am striving to draw nearer to Him every day.... This scripture Smashed into my heart this morning.   

30 Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me.

Man...How many of us are willing to say this to others? This is eternal love.

I am a witness that there is a God in Heaven. He is our Heavenly Father. We are his Children and he loves us forever.

I am so blessed!  I love all of you!

ELDER CORDNER

No comments:

Post a Comment