Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 55 - Gosnells, Southern River Zone, Western Australia - September 1, 2016 - Happy Birthday MUM AND KENZIE:)

Just so you know, I didn't forget about mum's birthday last week. I just wanted to make it even more special and give a S/O to both of you at the same time:) I love you two so much and if it weren't for both of you I would probably be in a gutter slumped over drunk in the middle of Kiev, Ukraine. It really is the unbelievable women in my life that motivates me to be the man God wants me to be and to honor my priesthood. I love you guys:)
We just got back from the Temple, which was great I feel refreshed and ready to go big animal for another week. We are currently teaching a Perth local female WWE wrestler....she has bright purple hair because it matches her fighting costume and she is probably 350 pounds....that's been really fun! She is one of a kind.
On the train ride back from the temple just barely we were just calmly cruising back to our area and a MASSIVE Aboriginal man and his friends got on the train. He was obviously high on something but he immediately shouted You *&#!%$ Mormons* and he was just going crazy all the while I was picturing Nelson going big Hoss mode on those Russians in the subway station and I thought it might be my moment to shine....sadly he stopped yelling and went to the other end of the train...Heavenly Father knows I am just too eager for adventure- so he keeps me safe.
We have had some awesome experiences knocking doors just meeting heaps of people who needed us at that very moment. Yesterday we found probably one of the most humble Aussie guys I have ever met. After we explained the restoration I asked him what it would mean to him if he found out from God that all this was true.... He paused and said "well it would kinda mean everything now wouldn't it" WOAH! I was surprised! We don't hear that very often. A man who was not interested at all at first was touched by Joseph's experience and now we are heading over tonight to share more....I promise you that If Joseph's story was a lie this church would have no followers, not even his family would have believed him. No other Church on this Earth makes anywhere near the claims that we make as a Church....Because they can't back it up nor does the spirit. I know for myself that Joseph Smith was a Prophet called and chosen by God to accomplish His eternal purposes. 
This past zone meeting we had on Tuesday, my comp and I trained on what the difference is between Knowing of Christ, and Really Knowing Christ. In the last year in my own small way I have come to Really know the Savior. I love Him so much! If this mission was for any other purpose than to represent Jesus Christ and be His representative it wouldn't be worth it at all. I know he lives! This life would be pointless to the core if it weren't for Him.  
I LOVE YOU ALL HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK <3
ELDER CORDNER

No comments:

Post a Comment